Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25 to 30 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
* 2 1?2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (about 1?4 of a 30-oz bag)
* Cooking spray
* 3 Tbs olive oil
* 4 scallions, chopped
* 8 eggs
* 1?3 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 1 tsp salt, or to taste
* Pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375¿¿F. Microwave the frozen hash browns in a large microwave-safe bowl just until they’re thawed enough to separate, and measure 2 1?2 cups. (You can freeze the remaining hash browns.)
2. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add hash browns and chopped scallions, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into cake pan and spread out evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture evenly over the potatoes and bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set. Cut into 6 large wedges and serve.
How kids can help Crack and beat the eggs; measure ingredients
Per Serving: 273 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated), 283 mg sodium, 287 mg cholesterol