Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
3 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch chunks
1 cup sliced (quartered lengthwise) baby carrots (about 10-12)
16 oz bay or sea scallops (if frozen, defrost before cooking)
4 ears corn, husked and cut in half crosswise
8 lemon wedges, optional
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine oil, thyme, garlic powder, and salt in large bowl; add zucchini, carrots, and scallops and toss.
2. Place 1/4 of veggie-scallop mixture in middle of each of 4 sheets of foil; add 2 pieces of corn per sheet, one on either side of mixture. Seal packets and place on foil-covered baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
TIP: If fresh corn isn't available, substitute frozen ears (add to boiling water and cook for a minute) or 2/3 cup frozen corn per serving (defrost under warm tap water).
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; mix marinade; assemble packages.
Per serving: 314 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated), 382 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol.
How to make foil packets
• Use a 12 by 18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. (If you only have regular foil, double the layers.)
• Place food in center of foil; bring two sides to center and fold them over twice, then fold ends in twice to seal package, allowing room for heat circulation and expansion.
• Place packets seam side up on baking pan (in case of of leaks).
• After cooking, cut slits into packet tops to release steam before opening.