Food & Recipes
Sweet ‘n’ Sour Meatballs
by Pat Carolan, Photgraph by Tina Rupp
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Two 3-oz packages ramen noodles (save seasoning packets for another use)
- 12-oz package cooked turkey meatballs, cut in half
- 16-oz bag frozen Asian sitr-fry vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup sweet-and-sour sauce (in the Asian-food section of grocery store)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1. Boil 4 cups water in a covered pot over high heat. Break noodles in thirds (for easier serving); add to water. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring. Drain; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through and vegetables are crips-tender. If pot bubbles too vigorously, reduce heat to medium. Serve over noodles.
Per serving: 411 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated), 956 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol.