This delicious, easy cookie recipe from The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book is packed with healthy tidbits like craisins and oatmeal
Makes 2 1/2 dozen big cookies
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter (not old-fashioned or natural style)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the cake mix, oil, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute or until blended. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, raisins or cranberries, and coconut with a wooden spoon (dough will be stiff).
2. Drop the dough by 1/4-cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with palm or spatula.
3. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute on sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury