This dessert treat sneaks in baby food — only you’ll know how healthy it is!
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup blueberry or apple-blueberry baby food (stage 1 or 2)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups cooked short brown rice
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients except rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until thickened. Chill before serving.
Adapted from The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue: 101 All-New Recipes and “Sneaky” Tricks for Creating Healthy Meals Kids Will Love(Running Press, April 2009).
Visit Missy Chase Lapine’s website The Sneaky Chef.