This frosting dries quickly, and its consistency is versatile enough to use on cake or cookies. You can vary the flavor by adding lemon or almond extract instead of vanilla.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: Frosts several dozen cookies
* 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
* 3 Tbs butter, at room temperature
* 3 Tbs butter, at room temperature * 1/3 cup milk, plus more as needed
* 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until the icing is creamy and smooth.
2. Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Or freeze for up to 2 months.
How kids can help:
* Unwrap butter and place in bowl. * measure ingredients and combine in bowl.