How to make yellow cupcakes for the Sunny Summer Cupcake recipe
MAKES: 24 cupcakes
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 2 1?3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1?2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1?4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2?3 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Grease and fl our muffin cups, or spray with baking spray with flour.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1?4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping bowl occasionally. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about 1?3 of mixture at a time, and milk, about 1?2 at a time, beating just until blended.
4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2?3 full.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks to cool. Frost with desired frosting.
1 Cupcake: Calories 170; Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 5g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2g Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1?2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1?2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Place mini paper baking cup in each of 24 mini muffin cups. Make batter as directed in recipe. Fill each cup until about 2?3 full. (Cover and refrigerate remaining batter until ready to bake; cool pan before reusing.) Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks to cool. Repeat with remaining batter to make an additional 48 mini cupcakes. Frost with desired frosting. About 72 mini cupcakes.