Prep time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 1 cup water
* 2 cups stuffing mix
* 2 zucchini, medium-large, sliced in half lengthwise
* Cooking spray
* 12 precooked meatballs, cut in quarters
* 2 cups pasta sauce
* 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, add stuffing mix, cover, and remove from heat.
3. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out most of the pulp from the zucchini halves. Place in a 9 x 9-inch (or similar size) baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Fill each zucchini half with 1/4 cup stuffing and 12 meatball quarters, and top with 1/2 cup sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle each zucchini half with 1/4 cup cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; top zucchini with stuffing, meatballs, and sauce.
Per serving: 486 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated), 1,742 mg sodium, 81 mg cholesterol.