You are here
Baby Names: Children's Characters
Tired of ho-hum baby names? Read our fresh list, inspried by our favorite children's character names.
- 1 of 21
- He won't be born part-wizard, but you can hope your little Harry will be as brave as Harry Potter. (Thankfully, he won't have to defeat Voldemort or save the wizarding world from evil doom.) Harry is also a loyal friend and a fearless leader.
- Generous to his engine friends and determined to do his best at all times, the name Thomas of Thomas the Tank Engine inspires drive and good nature in a child's name. We hope your Thomas will have as many friends and adventures, and as much ambition as the blue little engine.
- Charlie Brown might not have had the greatest luck, but he eventually won the hearts of millions of Americans. We're sure your little Charlie will be just as beloved. The Peanuts' Charlie is considerate, friendly and polite. (But don't be too disappointed if he isn't good at kicking a football.)
Name your daughter Eloise and hope that she inherits a tenth of the self confidence of her namesake, the precocious little New Yorker. Don't blame us if you end up with a little "scampering," "kneecap sklonking" "skibbler." (We promise she'll be incredibly entertaining.)
- Ernie isn't in the top rankings for boy's names, but we don't know why. It's charming and honors the loveable Sesame Street muppet. He's cheerful, a good friend, and appreciates a good rubber ducky.
- Curious George is endearing and adorable enough to inspire little Georges worldwide. Perhaps curiosity will drive him to share this monkey's inquisitive nature, living a life of never ending excitement.
Lisa is intelligent, feisty, and even a bit rebellious, particularly when she is standing up for something she believes in. If your baby's like Lisa Simpson, she might explore vegetarianism -- and a whole slew of political, academic and creative interests. She might even want to take up the sax.
- He might be a handful, but having a little Calvin, in honor of Bill Watterson's comic, Calvin and Hobbes, would never be boring. Calvin is intelligent, creative, curious and energetic. (That D in math? Remember that Einstein had bad grades as a child, too.)
If you want a real charmer, name your baby after Alvin, the charismatic, enthusiastic, and musically-gifted chipmunk. He's so cute, you won't be able to get mad at him when he gets into a little trouble. But when he's gone too far, you can always do what his dad Dave did -- "Alllllvinnnn!"
- Despite Rocko's chaotic, bizarre world, this Nickelodeon character from Australia remains kind, patient, and honest as he leads with everyday struggles like garbage day and vacuuming. A little Rocko might be as cheerful and steadfast as his namesake. (He might also be extra nice to cows.)