You are here
More Easy Exercises for Mom
Strength Builders and Stretches
- 1 of 6
- Single Leg Squat
- Stand on your left leg, with your right leg parallel to the ground.
- Slowly sit in the chair, keeping your right leg straight.
- Put both feet on the floor to stand up.
- Repeat five times, then switch legs.
- Once you get good at this, up your repetitions or try to stand back up without putting your leg down.
- Core strength builder
- Get into a push-up position (on your knees, "girl style," if that's easier).
- Move your right arm and right foot (or knee) to the right at the same time, keeping your hip steady.
- Take 10 of these sideway steps, then take 10 to the left.
- Post-cardio lower-body stretches: Quads
Holding on to a wall, bend your left knee and grab your ankle with your left hand. You should feel a stretch in the front of your thighs.
Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
- Post-cardio lower-body stretches: Hamstrings
Roll a towel lengthwise; sit down and hold onto the ends. Put your left foot in the center of the towel, then lie back and lift your leg as high as you can. Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
- Post-cardio lower-body stretches: Hips
Sit on the floor and cross your left leg over your right so that your left foot is above your right knee. Turn to the left, brace your right elbow on your bended left knee, and stretch for 30 seconds; switch legs.