Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg Talk Turkey and Share Their Favorite Thanksgiving Traditions
by Samantha McIntyre
Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg are cooking up something special for Thanksgiving this year as the famous pair prepares to host family for a festive feast. The comedic couple shares that one of their favorite dishes to make on Turkey Day is French’s Green Bean Casserole. This classic side dish is not only a holiday favorite but fast and super easy to make. Check out (the recipe below) along with some of Jenny and Donny’s favorite traditions for family fun.
Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg Tips for the Perfect Thanksgiving:
1. Bingo—Not only do the kids love it, but it keeps your overly talkative relatives busy.
2. Good Wine—For when those overly talkative relatives stop playing Bingo.
3. French’s Green Bean Casserole—Because it’s not a holiday meal without it!
4. Hide Your Leftovers—Or at least keep the ones you enjoy, like stuffing and French’s green bean casserole.
5. Karaoke Machine—There’s nothing better than introducing your kids to some classic Neil Diamond and embarrassing them in front of their cousins.
6. Guests Overstaying Their Welcome—Ask them to help you with the dishes and cleanup. That usually gets them out the door.
7. Remember the two most important holiday words —No Politics.
8. Don’t Do Dessert—Go to someone else’s house for that. Just make sure you know who is serving the best goodies.
9. Be grateful.
French’s Green Bean Casserole (6 Servings )
One can (10 1/2 ounces) of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 Cup of milk
1/8 Teaspoon of McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
Two cans (14 1/2 ounces each) of any style Del Monte Green Beans, drained
1 1/3 cups French’s Crispy Fried Onions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the soup, milk and pepper in a one 1/2-quart baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions.
Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
Top with the remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake for five minutes until the onions are golden brown.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.