Add some retro style to your Christmas tree with these super simple DIY mid-century modern ornaments.
Start a family tradition by hanging your own DIY Christmas ornament on your tree. Here are some easy to make mid-century modern-inspired ones that will add a fun flair to your holiday.
- Foam board
- Tacky Glue
- Craft knife (optional)
- Step 1: To make it easier for kids to join in on the fun, create ornament-shaped templates on a piece of paper.
- Step 2: Trace your templates onto the foam board.
- Step 3: Using scissors or a craft knife, cut the ornaments shapes out of the foam board.
- Step 4: Drizzle tacky glue onto the foam board shapes and place them onto a sheet of felt. Let dry.
- Step 5: Using scissors, cut the felt so it's lined up with the foam board shape.
- Step 6: Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the second side of the foam board shape.
- Step 7: Decorate your DIY Christmas ornament by gluing on rickrack and other colors of felt. Let dry.
- Step 8: Thread your needle with the thin ribbon. Push your needle through the top tip of the ornament's foam board. Loop and tie the ribbon together. Then it's ready to hang on your tree.