Wait'll he gets wind of this disguise! Our fave part of this threatening tornado: the twigs, for that authentic touch. Plus, as awesome as it looks, there is zero sewing involved.
For this costume, you'll need:
- Hula hoop
- 2 large adult-size dark-gray T-shirts
- Fabric glue
- 10 yd black tulle
- Dark-gray gloves (optional)
1. Make tornado: Place hoop inside one shirt, and attach with glue around upper torso. (If hoop is too large, cut it to fit, and secure ends with strong tape.)
2. Cut off body of second shirt, just below armpits. Glue this piece to bottom of first shirt. Place shirt on hanger; hang from clothesline or shower rod.
3. Starting at the top, take one end of tulle and wrap it loosely around shirt, stapling it as you go. Continue in this manner, wrapping, gathering, and stapling, until you've created a funnel. When you reach the bottom, twist tulle tightly, and staple to secure.
4. Tuck small twigs inside tulle.
5. Make hat: Cut one sleeve from second shirt 8" from top. Glue under raw edges of top, then glue closed. Wrap tulle around, turban style, stapling as you go.