A costume so cute (and easy) you'll shriek with delight
1. Using a tape measure, measure child's length from head to crotch. Add 8 inches.
2. With scissors, cut four long football shapes to length in step 1, from 1.5 yards dark green felt, available at fabric shops.
3. With a hot-glue gun, glue edges together to form pickle. Leave one seam half-glued so child can be slipped in. Turn inside out to hide seams. (Fasten opening with safety pins during wear.)
4. Cut out holes for face, arms and legs.
5. Cut out small circles from a 12" square of light-green felt, and glue all over for bumps. What a sweet little gherkin!