by Laura Himmelstein
A creepy, easy-to-make snack that's a treat to eat
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 cups apple juice
- 12 to 15 drops neon-green food coloring
- 4 to 7 drops neon-blue food coloring
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 to 12 gummy worms, optional
1. In a pitcher, mix grape and apple juices. Add 10 to 12 drops neon-green food coloring, plus 3 to 5 drops neon-blue. Stir. Add seltzer; set aside.
2. For "slime," pour corn syrup into a small bowl (wide enough for the rim of a glass). Stir in 2 to 3 drops neon-green food coloring, and 1 to 2 drops neon-blue.
3. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into syrup. Turn glasses upright. (Note: You can do this ahead of time; just be sure to store "slimed" glasses in a cool, dry place.)
4. Fill each glass with juice/seltzer mixture. Garnish with gummy worms if you like—they'll stick to the slime.
Yield: 6 cups