Sweetheart decorations transform a simple spiral into something love-ly
Embellish a basic notebook using these fun craft tips. The whimsical heart design makes a great journal, phonebook or scrapbook for saving Valentine's Day cards.
Age 4 and up (This project is rated EASY to do.)
What you need
- Pink foam journal
- Heart shaped foam stamps
- Acrylic paint in white, pink, red, purple and yellow
- Paint brush
How to make it
1. Paint foam side of stamp with desired color.
2. Press down gently but firmly onto foam notebook cover.
3. Decorate with different stamps and colors.
4. Use paint brush to touch up any empty spots.
5. Use point on paint brush handle to make dots. Dip handle into paint and dot onto foam cover.
6. Let dry completely.
- Foam journals come in a variety of colors and are available at most discount department stores. Light blue or purple works great for boys!
- Foam stamps are inexpensive and can be washed and used over and over again. Most craft stores have an entire aisle dedicated to foam stamps!
- Use this cute notebook as a diary, doodle book, to tape Valentine cards in, write friend's phone numbers or for just about anything.