The Short of It
Yup, it's time to start thinking about what will make the kiddies (and other family members) squeal on Christmas morning. We've gathered the top gift ideas for the 2014 holiday season to make your holiday shopping a little easier.
Thankfully, there don't seem to be any items this year that have people crazed to buy them, like the year of "Tickle Me Elmo," but look for these 10 items to fly off store shelves over the next month:
- "Frozen" Snow Glow Elsa doll. It should come as no surprise that Disney's top grossing animated film of all time inspires one of the top toy picks for kids this Christmas. The Snow Glow Elsa doll sings, lights up, and well, she's Elsa! What more do you need to know? My daughter actually got this doll for her birthday, and it's super cute. But if you can't hear "Let It Go" one more time and remain sane, you may want to skip it.
- VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch. For the tech-savvy kiddo on your "Nice List," how about a watch that doubles as a camera and video recorder? According to CNBC, this gift is hot, hot, hot! Just make sure your child doesn't capture you doing anything naughty!
- Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack for XBox One. This is the gift tween boys will be dreaming about on Christmas Eve, according to ToysRUs. Get yours before it's too late!
- FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walking Pup Pet. Don't want to get your child a dog just yet? This hot toy is the next best thing! Target has 'em...for now!
- Little Live Pets. It seems pets that mimic the real thing are a big trend this year. These birds react to touch and can learn phrases. Best part of all? They aren't super expensive, and they make great gifts for boys and girls.
- Zoomer Dino. What's Christmas without an angry, robotic dinosaur on wheels? If you're looking for gift ideas for a little boy, this is the one everyone is talking about. He can be trained to dance, chase, chomp and roar. So watch out!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Another hot toy for boys (or girls) this year is the stretchable TMNT action figure that shouts out phrases kids remember from the movie. Cowabunga, dudes!
- My Friend Cayla. According to Gizmag, the My Friend Cayla smartdoll is the gift this year. She's the doll of the future because she has the ability to interact with your child. Creepy or cool? You decide! Of course, she'll cost you, try $100 a pop. And you may have trouble tracking her down in the United States. But if you do, your daughter will likely love her.
- GoPro video camera. For mom and dad, it's all about tech gifts this year. One idea? A GoPro video camera. It seems to be quite the hot ticket. Bonus: It doesn't cost nearly as much as some other, pricier tech gifts.
- FitBit. Everyone is talking about this fitness buddy, which helps you track stats like calories burned, heart rate and steps taken throughout the day. With New Year's Resolutions on everyone's mind, Christmas is the perfect time to get started!
We hope these gift ideas help you get your holiday shopping started! What other fun ideas do you have for the munchkins and mamas in your life? Share in the comments below.
More from News Break
"Infant Fingertip Amputations Cause Graco Strollers Recall," and don't forget to like us on Facebook and Twitter!