Use tinted frosting and different colored candies to create these adorable Baby Faces Cupcakes.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes baked in white paper liners
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 12 pink and brown jellybeans
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 24 mini M&M’s blue, green and brown
- 4 mini marshmallows
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) red decorating frosting
- 3 freezer weight zip lock bags
- Clean scissors
To Frost the Cupcakes:
- Spoon 3 tablespoons vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag. Tint 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting yellow with the food coloring. Spoon the yellow and the dark chocolate frosting into separate zip lock bags.
- Divide the remaining vanilla frosting between 3 small bowls. Add 1 tablespoon chocolate frosting and 2 drops of red food coloring to one of the bowls and stir well for the very light brown frosting. Add the remaining chocolate frosting in another bowl with the vanilla frosting and stir well for the light brown frosting.
- Tint the remaining bowl of vanilla frosting with a few drops of red food coloring. Stir well for a pale pink.
- Spread each color of the frostings on top of 4 cupcakes and make smooth.
To Decorate the Cupcakes:
- Snip a small corner from each of the bags with the frostings.
- Pipe 2 dots of the vanilla frosting on top of the cupcakes. Add the mini M&M’s as the eyes. Add a jellybean nose. Pipe some of the dark chocolate or yellow frosting on the top edge as hair. Pipe a mouth with the red decorating frosting. To make a tooth, cut the mini marshmallows into small pieces and attach to the red frosting. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and frosting.