Shop The Story
Activities To Do
Activities To Do
Girls just want to have fun. That’s a fact. So you’re going to need a lot of toys to keep them entertained from birth to college. Besides the fun aspect, there are a billion other reasons to stock up on different types of toys for children at every stage of their development, from babies to teens to young adults. Even newborns can benefit from toys that stimulate all of their senses and encourage their motor skills through exploration.
20 Best Toys For Girls
- SKIDEE Scooter For Kids With Folding Seat
- Klutz Make Your Own Seat Science Kit
- Cool Maker Airbrush Styling Studio
- FurReal StarLily My Magical Unicorn
- 3D Pen For Kids And Adults
- Drograce Waterproof Kids Camera
- Barbie Dreamhouse Playset
- Magformers Smart Set
- Our Generation Deluxe Beach House Set With Clarissa Doll
- Kids Adventure Jumbo Blocks
- L.O.L Surprise! Bigger Surprise
- Poopsie Slime Surprise Unicorn
- Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Game
- American Girl WellieWishers Camille Doll
- DIY Slime Kit
- Wonder Workshop Dash Coding Robot
- IQ Builder Smart Sand
- SmartGurlz Maria Doll With Siggy Coding Toys
As babies get bigger so does their interest in the world around them, and their toy selection should evolve and grow right along with them. It’s important to remember that little girls aren’t necessarily only interested in baby dolls and play kitchens. They like dinosaurs, robots and race cars, too! LEGOS and building blocks and magnetic tiles are always a great gift for girls. In fact, developmental experts and pediatricians all agree that introducing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) concepts to little girls at a young age is beneficial to their futures by encouraging an interest in careers in math, science or technology. Toys that sneak in an educational lesson are a great way to get more bang for your buck when you’re shopping for toys for girls.
But then again, there are plenty of playthings and games that are purely for fun and laughs. If your daughter is crafty and creative, there’s an array of art kits and make-your-own slime sets available, while other imaginative types will spend hours making believe with Barbie inside her three-level dreamhouse. Yes, that’s right there are still some classic toys that are as great for girls today as they were when you were little, but there’s also a whole new world of high-tech toys and gadgets to get to know.
Ready to get serious about play? Check out Parenting’s picks for the 20 best toys for girls:
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.