Choo Choo! 10 Train Tables That Will Spark Imagination and Keep Kids Busy for Hours
by Bethany Braun-Silva
Train sets have been delighting kids for decades. There’s just something about rolling a train around an imaginary town that kids can’t get enough of. Parents love train sets because they are hands-on toys that keep kids creative and moving, and there’s not a screen in sight.
But there is one drawback to having an expansive train set, and that’s all the myriad pieces lying around in a big mess. Sure, you can encourage your kid to pick up after themselves, but the reality is that there’s bound to be a train or two (or three) scattered somewhere it shouldn’t be. A train table is an excellent solution to keeping your child’s train set contained. Plus, many train tables come with built-in imaginary landscapes and offer storage when they’re not in use.
While train tables can take up a lot of space, they offer a lot in the way of play, making them a worthy purchase if you have a mini train-enthusiast on your hands. Brands like Kidkraft, Step2, and Little Tykes make popular train tables that parents say their “kids use every day” — and they’ll solve all your “train track nightmares.” What more could a parent ask for?
We found the 10 best train tables for little conductors. Read more about each below!
- Best Overall: KidKraft Ride Around Train Set and Table
- Best Wood: Little Tikes Real Wooden Train Table Set for Kids
- Best for Small Spaces: Funpeny Wooden City Train Set and Table
- Best for Outside: Step2 Deluxe Canyon Road Train & Track Table
- Easy Assembly: Bigjigs Rail Magical Train Set and Table
- Best Storage: KidKraft Metropolis Train Table and Set
- Best Minimalist: Pidoko Kids Train Table
- Best for Big Kids: Carolina Grow-with-you Activity Table
- Most Features: Imaginarium Metro Line Train Table
- Best for Toddlers: Hape Railway Play Table
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.