Kitchen play sets are a classic childhood toy that provide hours of fun. Kids love the opportunity to mimic the adults they look up to, and a play kitchen of their own lets them feel grown up and creative. Instead of banging on real pots and pans or raiding your drawers, they have the opportunity to learn in an environment that’s safe and kid-sized. Not only does a kitchen play set let them explore the culinary world but pretend play also encourages children to problem solve, use their imagination and learn about the world around then. The fun accessories like fruits and vegetables can help educate them about nutrition and health, and all of the fun knobs, cabinets, pots and spoons help them work on their fine motor skills.
- Best Overall Set: Teamson Kids Bermingham Play Kitchen
- Best Budget Set: Step2 Cozy Kitchen
- Best Set For Toddlers: Little Tikes Bake 'N Grow Kitchen
- Best Splurge Set: Pottery Barn Kids Chelsea All-In-1 Kitchen
- Best Wooden Set: Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef's Pretend Kitchen
- Best Disney Set: Disney Jr. Minnie Mouse Vintage Play Kitchen By KidKraft
- Best Compact Set: Wood Eats! Tabletop Cooktop Kitchenette Set By Imagination Generation
- Best Vintage Set: Teamson Kids Retro Play Kitchen
- Best Outdoor Set: Step2 Grand Walk-In Kitchen And Grill
- Best For Older Kids: KidKraft Boho Bungalow Play Kitchen
We’ve rounded up the coolest, cutest and most functional kitchen play sets out there, from vintage-inspired oven and sink sets to compact wooden stove tops to full-blown eat-in-kitchens and barbecue grills. Whether you’re looking for a sleek, modern-looking play kitchen, a durable plastic play set or an all-wood option for your child, we have you covered. Here are the best budget, splurge, outdoor and indoor kitchen play sets for kids from retailers like Amazon, Target, Walmart and more.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.