Planning an All-Inclusive Family Vacation: Your Essential Guide
by Bethany Braun-Silva
Shop The Story
Planning a family vacation can be an overwhelming process. From picking the location to staying within budget, when all is said in done you’ll likely need, well, a vacation. That’s why simplifying the process by booking an all-inclusive resort is a great option for families. Once you’ve decided on the resort, all you have to do is show up, sit back, relax and enjoy, or run around and try a ton of different activities — up to you, it’s your vacation. All-inclusive resorts are true to their name in that they include everything from your accommodations to food and restaurants to activities and watersports, which are all included in the price you paid when booking.
What to Consider When Planning an All-Inclusive Vacation for Families
- Budget: The cost of a family vacation alone can determine where you go and how long you stay. All-Inclusive resorts are great because you know up front how much money you will be spending on each person, and that should not change much throughout your trip. Pick a budget you are comfortable with and then plan for some additional costs, such as snacks at the airport or sunscreen that you might purchase at the hotel.
- Location: While most all-inclusives generally mean sand and sun, you might want to consider other things, like if excursions are offered, or which beach, in particular, you and your family are most interested in visiting.
- Amenities: All-Inclusive resorts are jam-packed with amenities. Some offer 24-hour butlers, unlimited room service, watersports, free WiFi, and a slew of activities for kids and adults both day and night. If you’re looking for something specific such as nightly entertainment or free Jet Skis, be sure to research that in advance.
- Kids Clubs: Often family vacations can leave Mom and Dad more stressed than before they left. Between wrangling kids in a foreign location and dealing with a possible time change, vacations can be more overwhelming than relaxing for parents. But, with on-site Kids Clubs and free babysitting, parents can have a (much needed) opportunity to relax and unwind away from their children.
Booking an All Inclusive with Airfare
- Travelocity: Offers families a one-stop shop experience when booking an all-inclusive vacation with airfare; you can even book a rental car, too.
- Expedia: The Bundle and Save option allows families to customize their all-inclusive vacation, giving them the peace of mind that they are getting the best price.
- Cheap Caribbean: This company specializes specifically in all-inclusive travel with airfare, so you can be confident you will not only get a great price but also a great hotel.
- Travel Zoo: If you want to search for the absolute best price for your all-inclusive vacation, Travel Zoo allows you to compare prices and the best deals from multiple sites, all in one place.
Ready to book your trip? Here are some of our top all-inclusive family vacation ideas to get you started.